• Tune into the Life-Lessons: Every evening have each person say one thing they learned that day. Was it a lesson from an animal in the Kruger Park? A message from the waves in the sea? An impression left by a stranger in the mall? There are life-lessons all around us if we would only open our eyes.
• Read: Take out old classics that you loved as a kid and read to your children.
• Maintain Discipline – even when you’re comfortably lying on the beach with a book and you have no energy to discipline your rowdy child. Be consistent and maintain your values.
• Pray: Spend time every morning speaking to Hashem. Let the children see you daven and discuss with them the importance of starting each day with something valuable.
• Switch Off the Phone: Be more assertive than usual in taking a break from technology. Talk. Connect.
• Be a Child: Play games. Do crafts. Dress up. Play catch. Most importantly: laugh a lot!